Sunday 4 September 2011

My Special Rookie Cards




Sidney Crosby 2005-06 Parkhurst (graded 9) Rookie Card


The above card was one of my first ultimate Rookie Cards. I got this card off of E-Bay and was so excited. Crosby is my favorite player in the NHL and to know I got one of his first cards, was really cool.


Alexander Ovechkin 2005-06 Upper Deck Young Guns Rookie Card

I recently got this card from The Comic Connection in Oakville. I had other cards from Ovechkin's Rookie Year but I think in the hockey card world the Young Guns series from UpperDeck are the ultimate Rookie cards to get.


Steven Stamkos 2008-09 Upper Deck Victory Rookie Card


The Victory series from Upper Deck is a very kid friendly set. (The cost is low). I was able to get this card off of E-Bay for a very low price. I am still trying to get a higher end Rookie card of Stamkos, but I am very happy that I got this one.


Wayne Gretzky 1979-80 O-Pee-Chee Rookie Card


Here it is folks. The holy grail of rookie cards. This was my dad's but he has given it to me. I know its not perfect, but just to have a piece of hockey history of the greatest player ever gives me a special feeling.


Mark Messier 1980-81 O-Pee-Chee Rookie Card


Along with Gretzky, one of the greatest players to ever lace up their skates. I actually have two of the rookie cards and also a signed jersey from Messier.








John Tavares 2009-10 Upper Deck Victory Rookie Card


I was excited to get this card because he is a player who I like to watch and feel can become a superstar in the NHL.


I have a lot more special rookie cards and just wanted to share a few of my ultimate rookies with you.

Some of my other rookies include Taylor Hall, Tyler Seguin, P.K Subban, Brayden Schenn, Jeff Skinner, Jordan Eberle, Matt Duchene, Evgeni Malkin, Drew Doughty, Jordan Staal, Patrick Kane,Steve Mason, Kyle Turris, Chris Chelios, Cam Neely, Brendan Shanahan, Joe Sakic, Denis Savard, Martin Brodeur, Dominel Hasek, Eric Staal, and more Crosby and Ovechkin Rookies. These are just a few of my favorite players.

If you want to see pictures of any of these I will gladly post. I look forward to hearing any comments about my collection. My next blog will talk about my special memorabilia cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment